Monday, February 23, 2015

C4K Summary for February

C4K

For my first C4K (comments for kids) I was assigned to Adan P. from Mrs.Weil's Fourth Grade Froggies. However, Adan did not have a post so I chose to comment on Francisco V.'s blog post Winter Weather.

In his blog post, Francisco talked about how much he enjoyed winter weather. He stated that he loved winter weather because his family goes outside and does all sorts of fun things like having snowball fights and building snowmen.

In my comment to Francisco, I explained who I was, and why I was leaving a comment on his blog. I also told him that I wish there were fun things to do during the winter here in Alabama. I told him it rarely snows so we do not get to do fun things like build snowmen very often. I also told him how I wished it would snow more often here because I love playing in the snow. I ended my comment to Francisco by asking him if there are any other fun activities that he likes to do in the wintertime.

In my second C4K, I commented on Tryston H.'s blog post My (Soon to be) Braces from Mr. Boylen's 8th Grade LA Class Blog. Tryston's post was about how she was going to be getting braces soon. She described how excited she was to be getting braces because she has a gap between her teeth. She believes that the braces won't be much fun at first, but she is looking forward to seeing the end result. Tryston mentioned that the only thing that she will dislike about having braces is not being able to eat corn on the cob.

When commenting on Tryston's blog post, I mentioned why I am commenting on her post. I also told her that I enjoyed reading her post. I told Tryston that I could really relate to what she was saying since I got braces when I was around 10 years old. I was also excited when I got my braces because I had a gap between my teeth like she does. I told her that my favorite part about having braces was being able to choose the colors every time I went to the orthodontist for an appointment. When I got my braces, I was also sad about not being able to eat corn on the cob because it was my favorite food at the time. I ended by telling her that braces aren't really bad at all, but after three years I was excited to get them off.

After posting my summary of all my C4K's, I was checking to make sure all of my links worked and went to the correct places. As a result, I discovered that Tryston replied to my comment! She began her comment by telling me what color she will probably get on her braces first. Next, she told me that she will have to wear a mouth guard for when she plays sports so that her braces do not go through her lip. She then continued by telling me that her cousin got hit in the mouth and had to go to the hospital to get stitches because their braces went through their lip. Tryston also asked me if it hurt to get my braces adjusted.

I replied by asking what sport Tryston played and told her a short story about how my lip got stuck in my braces after getting hit in the mouth at softball practice. Luckily, I did not have to make a hospital visit or get stitches. I then answered her question by telling her that yes, getting braces adjusted is painful, but it isn't too bad.

For my third C4K, I was assigned to comment on Emma's blog from Mrs. Hartman's Fourth Grade Class. However, Emma did not have any posts so I decided to comment on Zachary's post The Throne of Fire.

Zachary's post is about a book, entitled Throne of Fire, that he is currently reading. He gives a brief synopsis about what he has read so far. He also tells us who his least favorite character of the book is and why that character is his least favorite. Zachary recommends this book, as well as the other books in the series, to anyone who is interested in Egyptian mythology. He also mentions how it is important to read the books in order to fully understand what is going on.

I began my comment to Zachary by telling him why I was commenting on his post. I continued by telling him that I enjoyed reading his post. I told Zachary that I have never read nor heard of Throne of Fire before. Based on the description he gave, I mentioned to Zachary that this book sounds interesting. Finally, I told Zachary that I will have to look into getting that book, as well as the others in the series, for my future classroom.

For my last C4K for February, I was assigned to comment on Per 3 Melissa's Blog from Mrs. Maslowski's class.

Melissa's post is about the controversial topic of abortion. Melissa states that there are two sides to the abortion debate: "pro-choice" and "pro-life." She briefly describes what both sides believe concerning abortion. Melissa personally believes that it should be a woman's choice what she does with her body. Melissa also lists reasons for why she believes that abortions would be appropriate. Overall, Melissa believes that abortions should be legal, safe, and available to all women.

As I have began all of my comments to the blogs I was assigned to this month, I informed Melissa why I was commenting on her blog post. I then continued by telling her that she chose a very controversial topic to write her blog post on. I told her that she has some very valid points in her argument about abortion. I told her that I am personally against abortion. However, I also told her that I believe both sides of the debate to have valid points. I agreed with her that while abortion is legal, it should be safe and offered to all women. I ended by stating that I hope abortion never becomes illegal because although I believe it to be wrong, I also believe that those who want abortions should have clean, sterile facilities in which the procedure is done.
Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment