Tuesday, March 24, 2015

C4K Summary for March


March

For my first C4K for this month, I was again assigned to Adan P. from Mrs. Weil's Fourth Grade Froggies. Unfortunately, Adan still does not have any posts, so I chose to comment on Alondra C.'s post Writing Fiction

Once Upon a TimeIn her post, Alondra discusses how she struggles when writing fiction. She begins her post by saying that it's easy for her to write in the beginning, but once she gets to the middle she finds it difficult to think of what she is going to say. She believes that the hardest part of writing is when she gets writer's block. 

In my comment to Alondra, I told her that I am the opposite of her when it comes to writing. I have a hard time starting my papers, but once I get started I can usually finish my papers quickly. I agreed with Alondra that the most difficult part of writing is when you get writer's block.


Per 6 David from Moments that Matter with Mrs. Masloski was my second C4K for the month of March. When I first went to David's blog, I was amazed at how neat it looked. Just by looking at David's blog, it appears that he likes science. 

David's post is about the meaning of Valentine's Day. David describes Valentine's Day as a day when people spend time with their loved ones and also give those special loved ones gifts. He also explained that on Valentine's Day many people express their feelings for others, only to get their feelings hurt in the process. After this happens, David believes that it gives the rejected people confidence since they came out of their comfort zone to express their feelings for someone else. Overall, David believes that Valentine's Day is both a happy and sad holiday, but that it can sometimes create special memories.
Clouds in the shape of hearts
I started off my comment to David by explaining who I was and why I was commenting on his post. I then told him how I thought that his post was interesting. I told him that I have never really thought about Valentine's Day as being a happy and sad holiday, but after thinking about it I agreed with him that the holiday can be both happy and sad. Lastly, I told him that I agreed that Valentine's Day can generate special memories for people.


My last C4K for the month of March was McKenzie T. from Mrs. L.'s Awesome 7th Grade Class 2014-2015
Cover of the book The Kill Order
McKenzie's blog post, Book Project, is about a book that she read entitled The Kill Order. McKenzie explains that this book is a prequel to the Maze Runner series. She gives a short, detailed synopsis of The Kill Order. She also mentions how she enjoyed reading the book and recommends it to anyone who likes action stories or who are fans of the Maze Runner series. McKenzie believes that The Kill Order was a great prequel to the Maze Runner. Because one might get confused, McKenzie advises reading the Maze Runner series before reading The Kill Order.

I mentioned to McKenzie that I thought she did a great job describing The Kill Order.  It sounds like an interesting book. I also told her that I am glad she mentioned it was a prequel to another book, otherwise I would have never known. Lastly, I told McKenzie that I think it was a great idea to mention that anyone who is interested in reading The Kill Order needs to read the Maze Runner first so that they will not get confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment