Sunday, January 18, 2015

Blog Assignment #1

 What about EDM 310?

     I have heard very little about EDM 310. Everyone that I have talked to about this class informed me that the class was not very hard, just extremely time consuming. They also all informed me to make sure that I set aside plenty of time to complete assignments and to make sure that I turn in all of my work on time. One of the fears that I have about EDM 310 is making sure that I complete all of the assignments and projects by the deadline. I only have this fear because the class involves a lot of work, and I believe that it will be a struggle to balance the time consuming work of this class with the five other classes that I am taking this semester. Another fear that I have is not making an "A" in the class. I like to do my best and feel that an "A" proves that I did my very best in any class.
     Although we have just started this course, I can already tell that EDM 310 is a course that is completely different from anything that I have taken in high school or college. First of all, I have never had to write a blog for any class, nor have I ever thought about writing a blog. I also have never had to set aside so much time for just one class. I currently cannot think of any
course that I have previously taken that is similar to EDM 310.
     I believe the most difficult thing about this course will be trying to set aside enough time to accomplish all of my assignments, while also trying to complete all of the work for my five other classes that I am currently enrolled in. I only believe this to be difficult because every class that I am currently taking are all upper level classes that require a lot of my time. The best way for me to address this difficult thing is for me to make a schedule ahead of time of when I will work on my assignments for this class and my other classes.
     The only question I have about EDM 310 is about the group projects. Are the grades given to the group as a whole or are they given based on the individual's participation in the group? To address these questions I could either ask one of the instructors for this course or ask one of the lab assistants.

I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard similar things about this class from friends that have taken it with the exception that some said it is hard only because, like you said, the format of this class is so different from the typical lecture/test setting. While the tasks do seem time consuming and I too have the fear that with all the classes I am taking it will be difficult to complete the work set aside, my fears have been somewhat eased in the classes we've had since we had to post this. I feel better knowing that we have the support of our groups and the staff. I am not sure of the answer to your question, but I think that we will be graded on our participation in the group. In the past I have had professors include a questionnaire at the end of a project pertaining to the amount of work each student contributed, and if the members of the group felt that anyone did not participate as much as everyone else. Hopefully this class will be a great learning experience for us both, especially since this style is a completely atypical setting for us.

    ReplyDelete