Sunday, January 18, 2015

Practice Blog Post

 Outline:
1. Who I am
2. My passions
3.What an educator does
4. Why I want to be an educator

     My name is Heather Hudgins. I am from Deatsville, Alabama, which is slightly north of the state's capital Montgomery. I attended a very small private school for fourteen years. I began and ended my elementary, middle school, and high school career there. My graduating class consisted of only sixteen students. Small, right? I am currently a sophomore studying elementary education at the University of South Alabama. I chose to attend USA because of a scholarship I received.
     My two main passions are softball and crafting.  Whenever I have the chance, I am always watching or playing softball. I played fastpitch softball for ten years, and I currently have been playing slowpitch coed softball for two years. My absolute favorite college softball team would be the University of Alabama. When it is not softball season, I enjoy doing various crafts. My favorite crafts in particular are scrapbooking and monogramming items with vinyl.


This is a picture of a T-shirt that I made.
(Left) This is a picture of a T-shirt that I made.
One of the many softball teams I have been on.


(Right) This is a picture of one of the many softball teams I have been on. I am in the back row on the far left.










     Teaching is an extremely important job. Children are with their teachers for most of the day, so it is very important that there are positive,open-minded teachers. Not only is it a teacher's responsibility to teach the students, it is also the teacher's responsibility to make learning interesting. I want to become an elementary teacher because I would like to pass on the love of learning that I received when I was younger. Becoming an elementary teacher will enable me to instill that same love of learning in the children that I will teach. I want to show young children that learning can be fun. I look forward to helping teach younger generations to prepare them for their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment