Monday, April 13, 2015

C4K Summary for April


April

My first C4K for this month was James A. from Mrs. L's Awesome 7th Grade Class 2014-2015

BasketballJames' blog post that I read was about basketball. James said that basketball is his favorite sport. He likes it better than football because there are more games in basketball than in football. James dreams to one day be able to play on a NCAA Division 1 basketball team. He mentioned that he had met a professional basketball trainer and that he asked that trainer to make him a division 1 basketball player. The trainer told James that it was possible since James has so much talent at such a young age. James is also trying to get on a competitive basketball team over the summer that would allow him to not only play his favorite sport all summer, but also allow him to travel.

I started off my comment by telling James who I was and why I was commenting on his blog. Next, I told him that I think it is really great that he found a sport that he loves playing. I mentioned that although basketball is not my favorite sport, I still enjoy watching it, even with my limited knowledge about the game. I told him that it sounds like he is going to have a great summer. I mentioned that summer was my favorite time when I was in junior high and high school because I got to play my favorite sport, softball, almost everyday of the week. Lastly, I told James that I enjoyed reading his post and that I hope he has a great summer doing something that he loves and enjoys.

My second C4K assignment was India from JHFI Class of 2015.

Bright Future AheadIndia's post that I commented on was about her life and what her future plans are. She explains that in five years she would like to graduate and also have a career modeling in New York City.  In ten years, she would like to settle down and have a family with her boyfriend. It does not mention this in the post but I am assuming, after browsing through her blog, that she would like her boyfriend to be Chris Brown.

In my comment to India, I told her how great it was that she has goals. I think it is very important to set goals for yourself. I then proceeded by telling her a few of my goals that I hope to attain within the next 5-7 years.

My last C4K for this month and semester is Charlotte from Room Three @ Auroa Primary School.
This school is in New Zealand, and I think that it is awesome that we get to comment on a student's blog post from a different country.

In Charlotte's blog post 321 go... she explains how she had completed the triathlon at her school. She talks about her experience as a story. She writes what she was feeling and thinking as she was doing the triathlon. She said that she was so excited when it was her turn. She started off running to her bike, then she biked for about 4 meters. She discusses how sweaty she was and how red her face was. She thought her legs were about to give out when she finally made it downhill. After finishing the biking portion, Charlotte goes on to swim 2 meters before she is finally finished. She won 5th place, and one of her friends won 7th place.
Swim, Bike, Run

I began my comment to Charlotte by explaining to her who I am and why I am commenting on her post. I then told her how I enjoyed reading her post and how she did a great job explaining how she felt about the triathlon. I also told her that I think it's amazing that she was able to complete the triathlon and come in 5th place. I do not think that I would be able to do a triathlon, much less win 5th place in one. Lastly, I told her that it sounded like she had a lot of fun at the triathlon.

2 comments:

  1. Heather
    Thank you for leaving such a wonderful comment on Charlottes student page in New Zealand. We really appreciate the feedback that our students receive, it is extremely powerful for them to receive comments and feedback encouraging them with their work. in Charlottes case she's been working online for a while but hasn't received a lot of comments on her blog so thank you for taking the time to write such a quality comment reflecting on her post and the details in it. We are currently on a holiday at the moment although we go back to school next week and knowing her as a student I know that she will be thrilled to have the feedback so thanks again.
    Mr Webb and Room Three, Auroa Primary School, Taranaki, New Zealand
    mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I enjoy reading and commenting on student's blogs!

      Delete