Monday, April 6, 2015

C4T #3

Teacher
For this week's C4T, I was assigned to comment on Jennifer Ferguson's blog My Journey as an Educator.

In her post InfoWhelm and Information Fluency, Ferguson has a video that discusses the enormous amount of digital output we produce. It was very shocking to see the numbers of just how much digital output we use. The video mentioned that it would take thirteen stacks of books from Earth to Pluto just to show how much information we have. Ferguson mentioned how she was"in awe at the increase (and continued exponential growth) of our digital output."

My comment to Ferguson stated how I am also in awe at how much digital output we produce. I also mentioned that as technology continues to grow, students will need to know how to use this technology and information correctly. I believe that as a future educator I need to stay up-to-date with the latest technology so that I will be able to effectively use it in my classroom.

The second post that I commented on was entitled Professor Ferguson: An Affectionate Moniker.
In this post, Ferguson describes the close relationship that she had with her students at a small K-12 school. She also explains that she and her students were both learners. Ferguson was very honest with her students as well. For example, she mentions that whenever her students asked her a question about her life, she would tell them the answer. Ferguson even said that her students probably knew her better then her colleagues.

To the world you may be just a teacher but to your students you are a hero!
I really enjoyed reading this post, and overall, I have enjoyed reading Professor Ferguson's blog. She seems to be such a great person. I started my comment to this post by telling Ferguson that I believe that it is very important to have a strong relationship with the students you teach. I also told her that I came from a small K-12 school similar to the one that she taught at. I explained how beneficial it was that I was able to have such close relationships with all of my teachers when I was in high school. I finished off my comment by stating that I hope to someday have close relationships with the students I will teach, as Ferguson has had with her students, and as I have experienced while in high school.


No comments:

Post a Comment